family            family            family            family

We interrupt this program.....

June 8, 2011

It should be no surprise that the Stanley Cup Playoffs have been on our TV each night!

The other night was Game 3....and my husband was planted on the couch in the living room watching the game.  As I glanced at the clock, I realized The Daily Show was about to begin....and I decided to retire to our bedroom to watch something other than hockey.

I propped up my pillows, turned on the Comedy Channel and looked forward to a little political humor about poor Anthony Weiner's weiner!  Of course I also turned on my computer to mindlessly browse the internet while I watched my television show.

My husband comes into the bedroom...strips down to his underwear and climbs in bed.  With no warning, he grabs the remote and turns on the remainder of the hockey game.

"Um, I guess I wasn't watching that...."

"Oh, were you?"

Could you imagine if I walked into the living room tonight during Game 4, picked up the remote and turned on The Real Housewives of Orange County without saying a word?

8 comments:

CMD said...

happens to me allllll the time!  I say do it!  haha :)  Although, we didn't watch Game 3... the Bachelorette was on in our house!  Guess who won the tv that night... :)

Hockey Wife said...

Ha! I love the picture of Tamra at the bottom, did you watch that episode of RHOC? She was on FIRE! My husband does stuff like that all the time and it drives me batty. Can't imagine his reaction of the tables were turned but I'd just never think to do that to someone! Men!

Laura said...

HAHA... TYPICAL! Sounds familiar... except the games are on so late here that J goes downstairs to watch them if he's still awake.. because I'm normally out COLD by then.. Or maybe he just turns them on in the bedroom? I guess I wouldn't know. But make sure you smack your hubbys hand for that one! 

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Men :)  J really likes The Daily Show so luckily we never fight over the remote when it is on.  Now when my reality shows (like Teen Mom and Sister Wives) come on, that's a different story.  Thank goodness for Tivo!

Nicole said...

Sounds pretty typical...

Sarahcaiafa said...

oh thats a no no in our house. Next time I would have interupted the play offs.

Ross said...

Ok! I am male and like my sports but I wouldn't do that to my wife. If I did she wouldn't hesitate to castrate me!! With a rusty knife at that!!!

Tenetia (Whimsy and Whirl) said...

oooh, my husband does these things to me too!  it drives me bananas!!!