family            family            family            family

Seeking advice from a higher power....

April 4, 2011

The problem with hockey, is that you never know exactly when the season will end.  There is always a chance for playoffs, and those can last anywhere from a week....to almost two months.  That can get frustrating when you are trying to make arrangements for a move!  Especially if you are a planner like I am!  I cannot book a flight until the team is done playing (no early-bird fares for me!).  I cannot commit to certain events, as I don't really know if I will be there for them.  Packing items I "may" need is put off...until the last moment.  I just wish I had a way of knowing when we would be leaving for our cottage...

The regular season is coming to an end, and tonight my husband's team lost a key game.  Since I have been busy packing, but not as busy as I should be...I figured I would consult a higher power.  

The question is...

"Will my husband's team make the playoffs?"

Looks like I better step up my packing!  


**Look for a regular Magic 8-Ball feature coming in May!!

7 comments:

april said...

Bummer for your husband's team. Playoffs are over for us, too, but now here we are beating teams. Ugh. Hope I get to see the Blues bring home the Cup before I die!

KY ✈ said...

Hahahahah I am cracking up over that last photo!

laura schneider said...

hahaha! i totally know this feeling too. Our reg season ended the 5th of march... and here we are in the finals now.. i'm so happy for them, but every week during the first couple rounds i was like.. so... will we go home soon? or keep on playing?

LesleyRH said...

Magic 8 ball is so wise! I think I'll start making all of my decisions with a Magic 8 ball. I'm a planner too...with lists and lists and lists. So, this Magic 8 ball thing sounds like it would be a relief from my lists haha! Good luck with your packing!!

Rancher Mom said...

My husband does NOT get my need to plan everything out at all! He thinks I am just being a controlling spaz, he just doesn't get it!

It is probably for the best that you didn't marry a dentist, because he probably wouldn't ever let you eat chocolate cake or drink Diet Coke and that would truly suck!!

Hockey Wife said...

Don't you wish it were that easy? Just a magic 8 ball. That's all you'd need. Sorry to hear your husband's team lost ... are they out or do they get to keep going? Keep us posted!

Hockey Wife Tales said...

There is a chance...just like there is a chance that Sting will ring my doorbell! Oh well....three more games and we are homebound. First year with a child in school full-time....no more post season vacations for us!